Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Do you need a coach?

How do you find the motivation every day to accomplish your goals? What are you really working for? If you own your own business, whether it's a small family restaurant, an automobile dealership, or anything in between...what are you doing on a daily basis to make it better than yesterday?

Running your own business means that you are in charge. It means that you make the decisions and you are responsible for getting things done. You ARE the rain maker. You may not "do" everything yourself but you are ultimately responsible for the end result.

You may have a secretary. You may have a sales staff. You may even have partners, but do you really have someone that you are accountable to for the success of your business? Other than your family, who do you answer to?

If the answer is "no one", your business is suffering. You may not know it but it is.

You need a coach.

You need someone to push you a little further than you think you can go. You need someone who can point you in directions that you fail to recognize or give you guidance to untapped resources.

I'm not talking about working harder and putting in more hours. I'm talking about what you focus on each day, how you delegate, and where your mind is at on a daily basis.

A coach can help you stay on track and on target.

Even $30,000,000 NFL quarterbacks have a coach.

Think about that for a moment.

Can a $30,000,000 quarterback take a team and win a game without the head coach? Yes...I think so. They are experienced. They know the game. They know the fundamentals. They are in tune with their team mates and they know all the plays.

Essentially, the quarterback knows what he is doing.

So why does he have a coach if he can win football games without one?

Why would a $30,000,000 quarterback need any more coaching? I mean, he's already got the knowledge and the experience. Right?

Post your comments and let me know why you think having a coach is critical for success. In a few days, I'll let you in on the real reason you need a coach...even if you are an expert at what you do.

Make sure you don't miss out on this ongoing discussion. Subscribe to this blog above in the upper right hand corner. Each time I make a new post, you will be notified by email.

Let's hear what you have to say...

Why would you need a coach? If you had one, how would you utilize that coach? What would you expect from a business coach?

My next post will discuss "how" coaching can help your business. Keep in mind that a coach doesn't necessarily need to cost you or your money...

How?

Well, I'll talk about that in my next post. Subscribe above so you don't miss any posts! In the mean time, please leave your comments. I'd love to hear what you have to say.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! Saw your posting on The Warrior Forum.

I am just learning about the internet marketing biz, anxious to start making some money. A coach would be IDEAL for me, since I have no idea where to start. Problem is, I'm in this to earn extra money for my family, so as I am brand new, there is little to spare to pay for coaching.

I'm definitely subscribing to your blog, to hear what you have to say!!!